The Citizen Science Association (CSA) is providing free inaugural membership. The CSA is a community of practice for the field of public participation in scientific reserach, it has the following vision, mission and goals;
Vision – A world where people understand, value, and participate in science.
Mission – Advance citizen science through communication, coordination, and education.
Goals – The Citizen Science Association actively works to:
- Establish a global community of practice for citizen science
- Advance the field of citizen science through innovation and collaboration
- Promote the value and impact of citizen science
- Provide access to tools and resources that further best practice
- Support communication and professional development services
- Foster diversity and inclusion within the field
Community-based forest monitoring facilitators and communities could benefit from being members by gaining access to new tools and resources availalbe for public participation in science.