Forêts et Développement Rurale
Forêts et Développement Rurale (FODER) is a non-profit environmental organisation based in Cameroon. It works in Cameroon and the Central African Republic. Its objectives are:
- to contribute to environmental protection and the sustainable management of natural resources;
- to fight against all forms of marginalisation and discrimination;
- to contribute to an improvement in the quality of life of rural populations;
- to contribute to the improvement of laws and policies relating to its areas of intervention (e.g. environment, forestry, agriculture, fishing, health, education, water and energy);
- to strengthen its own capacity and that of community-based organisations;
- to develop partnerships and to raise funds in order to realise its mission.
Since its establishment in 2002, FODER has worked with several local and international partners on projects related to independent forest monitoring. Its activities include work towards the implementation of the VPA/FLEGT process, support for forest communities to independently monitor forestry activities, participatory mapping, land and resource rights of forest peoples, and processes related to land planning (zoning, land reform).